Representing the Myanmar Tourism Federation in North America
- Client: Myanmar Tourism Federation (MTF)
- Project Duration: January 2015 – January 2018
From 2015 to 2018, Solimar International represented the Myanmar Tourism Federation in North America. The representation work included organizing press and FAM trips, optimizing the www.myanmar.travel website, attending trade fairs on behalf of MTF North America and managing the US office. Together, MTF and Solimar worked to position Myanmar as an exciting and undiscovered destination for North American tourists.
- Opening an MTF office in Washington, DC to respond to inquiries from tourists, travel trade and media.
- Working with media to identify compelling story lines, and hosting press trips for top journalists.
- Working to develop strong partnerships between Myanmar inbound tour operators and outbound North American operators.
- Optimizing Myanmar.travel and creating a robust online presence for MTF.
- Attending strategic trade events in North America on behalf of MTF.
- Sustainable, long-term growth for the Myanmar tourism sector through the attraction of high-value, low impact tourists.
- The unique selling points of Myanmar effectively communicated to North American trade, media and tourists.
- An increase in the number of North American tourists and their length of stay in Myanmar.
- Higher levels of repeat visitation.
- Supported market access for small and medium size Myanmar businesses.