Research Report to Identify Effective Information and Communications Technology-Based Marketing Strategies for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Member Countries
- Client: The Standing Committee for Economic and Commercial Cooperation of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (COMCEC)
- Partners: COMCEC through Turkish Ministry of Development, Islamic Member States
- Project Duration: January 2015 – September 2015
Solimar was engaged by the Organization for Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to prepare a research report on best practices in information and communications technology (ICT)-based tourism marketing, and policy recommendations to enhance technology’s role in tourism marketing for destinations and small businesses.
The report includes an analysis of the current use of Internet and communication technologies in tourism marketing of OIC member countries, identifying major trends and best practices.
- Develop a conceptual framework for the usage and diffusion of ICT tools in tourism marketing to guide the research process and frame the policy recommendations
- Conduct an analysis of the current situation regarding the usage and diffusion of ICT tools in tourism marketing in the OIC Member States
- Develop at least 8 case studies from the OIC Member States in detail by assessing the usage of ICT and its implications for the tourism sector and tourism marketing
- Provide policy recommendations and strategies for the adoption and diffusion of ICT in tourism marketing, particularly for the tourism SMEs of the member countries
- Eight detailed case studies that can be used as training materials for national tourism authorities and tourism SMEs.
- Identification of best practices in ICT-based tourism marketing
- Specific, actionable policy recommendations for OIC Member States
- Interest and commitment from OIC Member States to implement policy recommendations