The primary aim of strategic tourism planning is to bring stakholders together and provide them with tools to work collaboratively to transform a set of attractions, activities and services into a cohesive and compelling travel experience, or Destination.
The key to the success and sustainability of that destination development effort is ongoing management. The most critical functions of a Destination Management Organization (DMO) are:
- Experience Development – circuit development, packaging, and signage
- Tourism Branding and Tourism Marketing – graphic design services, social media, tour operator/travel press familiarization (FAM) trips
- Market Access - reservations systems, accessing existing networks
- Ensuring Brand Integrity - standards, certification, and training
- Customer Relationship Management - at the retail and wholesale level
- Representation - giving stakeholders a unified and more powerful voice
- Financial Sustainability – through strategic business planning of the DMO
Solimar provides end-to-end solutions for new and existing DMOs to successfully take on all of these responsibilities, and create and implement business plans that will provide them with the financial resources needed to carry them out on an ongoing basis. Solimar also assists DMO's with the following visitor services that provide a more defined and memorable sense of place:
- Visitor Center Development and Management – providing a hub for tourism information, trade promotion, and destination marketing
- Visitor Interpretive and Directional Signage – destinations such as the medina of Marrakesh and the cloud forests of Nicaragua have benefited from Solimar's assistance in planning, creating and disseminating the necessary informative and interpretive information to enrich the tourist experience.
- Maps and Digital Applications - Solimar has partnered with National Geographic Maps to create these unique products and help promote and protect the distinctive characters of a destination.
During the destination management development process (of the DMO and the destination) Solimar can also, if needed, take on most DMO functions and provide hands-on technical assistance, training and mentoring to DMO staff. We also provide tools and platforms that can be used by DMOs to market destinations on an ongoing basis.
Interested in learning more about how Solimar can help you with Destination Management?
Click here to contact us +