About Solimar International
Solimar International is a specialist consulting and marketing firm with a team of creative and experienced professionals who share a common vision of how sustainable tourism can stimulate economic growth while conserving natural resources and cultural heritage. Our tourism consulting and marketing services focus on delivering innovative tourism assessments, destination development strategies, and tourism marketing for our clients, which include international development organizations, tourism authorities, national and local governments, NGOs, preservation agencies, tourism & private sector enterprises and local communities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to assist in leading the technical implementation of our tourism development programs. The programs are funded by a range of clients and donors including the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank as well as conservation organizations and individual destinations.
Description of Duties
- Develop frameworks, workplans and implementation processes and coordinate activities to ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects;
- Recruit, manage and provide training to a team of experts, local staff and community members based on individual project needs;
- Manage project activities and maintain up to date project plans in Solimar’s project management system:
- Draft scopes of work for short-term assignments for technical specialists and contractors, and ensure assignments are carried out and deliverables are submitted in a timely manner;
- Preparation of client reports and project deliverables;
- Regular communication and reporting of progress, project information and success stories to the client and through Solimar marketing channels;
- Financial tracking of project budgets to closely monitor costs; and
- Other duties as required such as administrative tasks and business development support to include research and assisting in the preparation of proposals to a variety of private and donor clients.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in international development, particularly within the tourism-sector, preferred
- A minimum of five years of work experience managing projects
- Prior experience with donor-funded projects, particularly USAID, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally with clients
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
Salary will be offered commensurate with relevant experience. The position is 100% remote and will include opportunities for traveling both domestically and internationally.
How to Apply: If you believe you would be a good addition to our team, please submit a resume to [email protected] along with a cover email telling us about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit.