Director of Marketing Services
About Solimar International
Solimar International is a specialist consulting and marketing firm with a team of creative and experienced professionals who share a common vision of how sustainable tourism can stimulate economic growth while conserving natural resources and cultural heritage. Our tourism consulting and marketing services focus on delivering innovative tourism assessments, destination development strategies, and tourism marketing for our clients, which include international development organizations, tourism authorities, national and local governments, NGOs, preservation agencies, tourism & private sector enterprises and local communities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Marketing Services to oversee the strategic direction and implementation of marketing across our projects for both destinations and individual tourism enterprises. The programs are funded by a range of clients and donors including the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank as well as conservation organizations and individual destinations. We are also looking for the right person that can help us turn the relationships we develop through our development projects into retainer marketing clients that could entail a national tourism board, a regional DMO, or an individual tourism enterprise.
Description of Duties
- Support the development and implementation of marketing strategies for both destinations and enterprises;
- Develop frameworks, workplans and processes and coordinate activities to ensure the timely and successful delivery of marketing services across projects;
- Manage team members and interns in the production of social media content and blogs;
- Direct social media efforts on various social networks, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Develop partnerships with social media influencers and media outlets in the travel and tourism space;
- Lead the development of company literature and other forms of communications and collateral materials;
- Nurture leads and engage clients through regular communication and reporting of progress; and
- Develop proposals and pricing strategies for ready-to-sell marketing representation services to expand this line of business within Solimar.
- University degree in Communications, Marketing or related field, Masters is preferred
- Experience designing and implementing tourism marketing campaigns for destinations or individual businesses
- Experience selling marketing services to destinations or individual businesses and managing accounts
- A minimum of five years of work experience in a marketing capacity
- Familiarity with inbound/content marketing techniques and software tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally with clients
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
Salary will be offered commensurate with relevant experience. The position will be 100% remote and include opportunities for traveling both domestically and internationally.
How to Apply: If you believe you would be a good addition to our team, please submit a resume to [email protected]