About Solimar International
Solimar International is a small specialist consulting and marketing firm with a team of creative and experienced professionals who share a common vision of how sustainable tourism can stimulate economic growth while conserving natural resources and cultural heritage. Our tourism consulting and marketing services focus on delivering innovative tourism assessments, destination development strategies, and tourism marketing for our clients, which include international development organizations, tourism authorities, national and local governments, NGOs, preservation agencies, tourism & private sector enterprises and local communities.
We are currently seeking energetic and motivated Communications Associate to assist our Washington, DC office with a variety of program support needs. Duties will primarily include communications, and business development—providing interns with valuable exposure to a variety of aspects of a small international development consulting firm.
Description of Duties
- Project communications support to include writing blog posts and crafting content for social media platforms to facilitate online conversations that inspire:
- The creation and participation of online communities of stakeholders engaged in our projects
- Travelers to visit the destinations where we work
- Develop project communications strategies and content plans based upon a keyword analysis to ensure search engine optimization;
- Execution of the company’s digital communications strategy include blogging and social media to tell the stories of Solimar’s work and keep the company current in the changing travel marketplace;
- Develop marketing communications campaigns for clients;
- Trade outreach to tour operators and travel agents to help sell the destinations in which Solimar works;
- Report out on communications and outreach metrics and results through developing client dashboards;
- Assist with the development of website content and production;
- Copyedit project reports and deliverables; and
- Other duties as required such as administrative tasks and business development support to include research and assisting in the preparation of proposals to a variety of private and donor clients.
The ideal candidate will be a rising star within the communications field. S/he will be a self-motivated and energetic professional with drive and a demonstrable record of working in communications where social media and online engagement are top priorities. Position requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications or related fields
- Demonstrate a proven communications background, ideally with 1-2 years of work experience
- A passion for sustainable tourism and international development work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally with clients
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics and other audience measurement tools
- Experience with web development
Salary will be offered commensurate with relevant experience. The position is 100% remote and will require an opportunity for traveling both domestically and internationally.
How to Apply: If you believe you would be a good addition to our team, please submit a resume to [email protected] along with a cover email telling us about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit.